VEGAN BACON & EGG McMUFFIN 🥓🍳Sharing these yummy breakfast muffins in time for the weekend!
I used seasoned firm tofu to create the “egg” and used plant-based bacon from my local supermarket! Ditch the fast food and try making these instead 🙌🏼
Here is the recipe ➡️
VEGAN BACON & EGG McMUFFIN
Makes: 3 muffins
✅ 6 slices of plant-based bacon slices (I used vegiedelights )
✅ 1 tablespoon cooking oil
✅ 300g firm tofu, pressed
✅ 1 tablespoon soy sauce
✅1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
✅1/2 teaspoon black salt
✅1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
✅1/2 smoked paprika
✅1/2 teaspoon tumeric
✅ 3 slices vegan cheese
✅ 3 English muffins
✅ 1 large tomato, sliced
✅ Sauce if choice e.g. BBQ, ketchup, sriracha
1. Cut the tofu block into three 1 – 1.5cm slices. Then cut the slices into circles (or squares) using cookie cutters. Coat these slices in soy sauce and marinade in the fridge for at least 30 mins
2. In a shallow bowl, add in all the Eggy tofu seasonings. Coat each piece of tofu in the mixture
3. Heat the oil in a frypan on medium heat. Add the tofu slices and cook for 3 mins until golden on one side, then flip & add a piece of vegan cheese on top. Cover the pan with a lid to melt the cheese for another 2-3 mins
4. In the same or a different pan, heat up the vegiedelights bacon slices for 2-3 mins.
5. ASSEMBLE: Toast the English muffins, top with a slice of tomato, tofu egg & cheese, bacon and sauce of choice. Serve warm!
Enjoy friends! Happy Friday! 🥳