TERIYAKI MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE STIR-FRY 🍜 😍 Chef’s kiss right here! 👌🏼 So you guys LOVED this so much when I showed it on my story today that I’ve decided to share this recipe on the same day!
Udon noodles are one of my faves to use in a stir-fry because they are thick & maintain their texture well ✨ This recipe is so delicious and would be a fav meal prep dish too 🙌🏼
Here is the recipe ➡️
TERIYAKI MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE STIR-FRY
✅100g udon noodles
✅ 1 onion, sliced
✅ 3 stalks spring onion, sliced
✅ 1 red capsicum, sliced
✅ 300g mushrooms, sliced (I used combo of white button & shiitake)
✅ 1 tablespoon oil
✅1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
✅2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
✅1/4 cup water
✅2 tablespoons maple syrup
✅1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
✅ 1 teaspoon minced garlic
✅ 1 teaspoon minced ginger
✅ Cornstarch slurry: 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoons water
1. Make the TERIYAKI SAUCE: In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the water, soy sauces, maple syrup, garlic & ginger. Bring to a boil, then add the cornstarch slurry & reduce heat down to a simmer. Cook, whisking as needed, until the teriyaki sauce is glossy & slightly thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste with soy sauce/water. Set aside
1. Cook the udon according to packet instructions. Drain & set aside.
2. Heat up the oil in a wok on high heat, stirfry the onions & capsicum for 3 mins until slightly tender. Add in the mushrooms + half the Teriyaki sauce & cook for a further 3 mins
3. Add in your noodles and the rest of the Teriyaki sauce, toss until all the noodles are coated in sauce.
4. Stir-fry for a further 5-6 mis, adding a dash of water if you need.
*Serving suggestions: Sprinkle some Shiitake mushroom crisps over the top before serving for extra umami & crunch factor! I love the one by djaproducts ✨
**Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for months
Slurp away guys! 🤤 Definitely let me know if you try this!