SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE BROOKIES (vegan, one-bowl) 🍫🍪 for some weekend baking inspo! ✨🥳 These require just ONE BOWL & NO MACHINES + are so easy to make 🙌🏼
I hope you guys all have a restful weekend and whip up some delicious treats in the kitchen! I’m feeling very blessed to be in Sydney this weekend enjoying many many delicious treats myself 😙 so I thought I’d share this oldie but goodie with y’all to make up for it ✌🏼
Here is the recipe ➡️
SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE BROOKIES (vegan, one-bowl)
Makes: 12 large brookies
✅1/2 cup white sugar
✅2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
✅1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
✅1 tsp vanilla extract
✅1/4 cup almond milk
✅1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅1/3 cup cocoa powder
✅ 50g caramel chocolate, chopped
✅ 12 teaspoons salted caramel sauce (I used naturescharm )
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until the sugars have dissolved
2. Sift the flour into the wet mixture and use a spatula to fold everything together until no dry flour remains. Don’t overmix
3. Divide the dough into 12 balls, flatten and then place a teaspoon of the caramel sauce in the centre. Gently wrap the cookie dough back into a dome cookie shape. Sprinkle the caramel chocolate chunks over each cookie.
4. Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet on a chopping board. Put the board in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 mins to allow the cookies to firm up! (Do not skip this step)
5. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fanforced.
6. After the dough has chilled, transfer the cookies onto a lined baking tray, leaving at least 2cm between each cookie.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the outside is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool before removing. They will be very soft and firm up a bit as they cool.
*IMPORTANT: The key for a crispy outside and soft/moist centre is the use of coconut oil, as well as the combination of a white sugar + softer coconut sugar (or brown sugar) 👌🏼
Enjoy friends! Let me know if you try it ❤️