MEXICAN POTATO BREAKFAST HASH (vegan, gluten-free) 🥔 Save this if you are a potato lover! 👋🏼
Swap our your hashbrowns for this super easy, healthy & delicious potato hash 🤩 I made this using Carisma potatoes from my local Coles. These potatoes are an Australian variety that are lower GI and contain 25% less carbs than regular potatoes! The skin is also super thin which means you can barely notice it if you want to leave it on for extra fibre! ✨
Here is the recipe ➡️
MEXICAN POTATO BREAKFAST HASH (vegan, gluten-free)
✅ 4-5 Carisma potatoes, diced
✅ 1 x Red capsicum, diced
✅ 1 x 400g tin of Black beans, drained & rinsed
✅ 1 cup pumpkin, diced
✅ Spice mix: 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, optional chilli powder to taste
✅ 2 teaspoons olive oil
✅ Squeeze of lime
1. Wash and dice the carisma potatoes, capsicum and pumpkin into 0.5cm cubes, making them uniform will help ensure even cooking
2. In a small bowl, combine the spices
3. Heat the oil in a large fry-pan on medium high heat. Add in the potatoes as one even layer – try not to overlap them. All the potatoes to cook for 3 minutes on this side, then turn them over, cook for 3 minutes on the opposite side until golden and slightly tender.
4. Stir in the capsicum, pumpkin, black beans, spice mix & a dash of water. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
5. Serve with avocado, coriander and a squeeze of lime!
Enjoy guys! Let me know if you try this! 💓