LEMONGRASS TOFU BANH MI 🌱 Who else is a banh mi lover? 👋🏼
If you know me, you’d know I love Banh Mi (Vietnamese baguette) It’s something that I order regularly if I’m out and want a quick & tasty lunch!
I’ve made a jackfruit version of this a while ago but I’ve decided to make a tofu version to up the protein content and because tofu is delish!
Here is the recipe ➡️
LEMONGRASS TOFU BANH MI
Makes: 2 rolls
✅ 200g firm tofu
✅ 1 bulb lemongrass, minced
✅ 2 cloves garlic, minced
✅ 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
✅ 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
✅ 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
*Optional: chilli powder
✅2 x Vietnamese baguette rolls
✅ Vegan mayonnaise
– Pickled carrot
– Sliced cucumber
– Fresh Coriander
1. Cut tofu into 0.5cm thick slices and press it between clean paper towels to get rid of excess water.
2. In a shallow wide dish, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, oil and minced lemongrass & garlic.
3. Place the tofu in the marinade and gently coat the tofu, arrange such that there is minimal overlap. Please the tofu in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (longer the more flavour)
4. Meanwhile, prepare your other fillings & condiments
5. When the tofu is ready, pan-fry it on medium heat for 2 minutes in each side until it is goldenm
To ASSEMBLE the Banh mi :
1. Open each bread roll
2. Spread mayonnaise on one or both sides
3. Fill with the carrot, cucumber and coriander & chilli
4. Add in a generous amount of tofu
Happy Sunday friends! I hope you guys try making this sometime! Definitely let me know if you do ✨