KOFTA GYROS (vegan) 🥙✨ Hola if you love Gyros!! 👋🏼
You guys need to save this easy & delicious recipe for your next gathering and impress your vego guests ☺️ Alternatively, cook this up for yourself as a tasty meal!
I used Beyond Meat mince from Futurefarmco from my local Coles supermarket to make the koftas and they turned out delicious 👌🏼
Here is the recipe ➡️
KOFTA GYROS (vegan)
Makes: 2 Gyros (4 koftas)
✅ 300g vegan ground beef (I used Beyond mince by futurefarmco )
✅ 1 teaspoon cumin
✅ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
✅ 1 teaspoon oregano
✅ 1/2 teaspoon salt
✅ 4 wooden skewers
✅ 1 cup natural coconut yoghurt
✅ 1 Tablespoon Fresh dill
✅ 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint
✅ 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
✅ 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the vegan mince and all the spices. Mix everything together, so it is completely combined.
2. Divide the kofta mixture into 4 equal portions. Take one portion and wrap it around one of the skewers. Pressing around evenly so that is a cylinder up the skewer. Repeat with the remaining kofta mixture
3. Pan-fry the kofta on medium-high hear for 3 mins on each side until nice and golden
4. Meanwhile, make the tzatziki by whisking together all ingredients
5. Assemble the gyros: placed two koftas, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, tzatziki & optional dukkah on the flat bread. Roll it up and serve!
Let me know if you try this! ✨