HOT CROSS BUFFINS (vegan, GF*, oil-free) 🐣🧁 When you want to do some Easter baking and don’t have the patience to wait for bread to rise, then these hot cross buffins are exactly what you need!
I made this using the unsweetened vanilla almond milk by almondbreezeaus and they turned out wonderful! They are so quick to put together and make such a great snack 💓 I opted to use chocolate chips inside but you can use dried fruit if that tickles your fancy more ✨
Here is the recipe ➡️
HOT CROSS BUFFINS (vegan, GF*, oil-free)
Makes: 6 Buffins
✅ 1 1/4 cup oat flour (can use GF oats)
✅ 1/2 cup coconut sugar
✅ 1 teaspoon baking powder
✅ 1/2 teaspoon salt
✅ 1 teaspoon mixed spice
✅ 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate (or dried fruit)
✅ 1/2 cup almondbreezeaus unsweetened vanilla almond milk + more if needed
✅ 1 tablespoon orange juice (or lemon)
✅ 2 tablespoons applesauce
✅30g non-dairy white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/350 degrees F, fan-forced. Line 6 muffin holes with liners or use a silicone mould like I did
2. In a bowl, mix together the wet ingredients and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until no dry flour remains.
4. Divide the batter amongst the 6 muffin holes
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
6. Remove from the oven and place in the fridge to help cool quicker
7. Once the muffins have cooled down, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over each muffin in the shape of a cross
*Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for months.
Enjoy! I hope you guys do some Easter baking too and give these a try ✨