FIT CARROT CAKE LOAF (vegan, macro-friendly, low-sugar, oil-free) 🥕🍰Save this recipe if you are a carrot cake lover!
Who says you can’t have your cake abs eat it too? 🤪 Bringing back this old favourite of mine today! I used my go-to healthy frosting recipe made from tofu! But if tofu isn’t your thing then feel free to use a cream cheese or yoghurt and get creative ✨
FIT CARROT CAKE LOAF (vegan, macro-friendly, low-sugar, oil-free)
Serves: 8 (per slice: 147 cal, P: 10g, C: 21g, F: 2g)
✅ 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I used macr0mike – discount code “amb-chen” )
✅ 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (can sub for 3/4 cup brown sugar)
✅ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
✅ 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
✅ 1 cup shredded carrots
✅ 1/2 cup applesauce
✅ 1 cup almond milk + more if needed
*Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, walnuts to stir through
HEALTHY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
✅ 150g firm tofu
✅ 1 tablespoon lemon juice
✅ 1 tablespoon maple syrup (I used sugar free)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 350 degrees F, fan-forced. Prepare a loaf tin with non-stick paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder & sugar
3. Add in the applesauce, non-dairy milk and optional vanilla extract. Mix until no dry flour remains. You may need to add a dash more milk if the mixture seems too dry
5. Gently stir through the carrot shreds and optional walnuts.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared tin
7. Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean
8. Allow the loaf to cool before frosting
9. Make the FROSTING: add the tofu, maple syrup and lemon juice to a blender and blend until thick & smooth. Smear the frosting evenly over the carrot cake loaf before slicing.
*Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
Serving suggestions: slightly warm, with a smear of nut butter ✨
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it 💓