EASY MINI MATCHA CUSTARD TARTS (vegan, GF) 🍵✨ Hola if you are a matcha lover! 👋🏼
So I’m getting a bit adventurous with this creation – no chocolate or nut butter but nonetheless delicious! 😋 The combination of sweet creamy custard goes so well with the earthy slightly bitter matcha to create a wonderful balance! These little tarts are perfect for gifting (which is what I did) or for sharing if you want to impress your friends/family 😉
Here is the recipe! ➡️
EASY MINI MATCHA CUSTARD TARTS (vegan, GF)
Makes: 4 tarts
✅3/4 cup almond meal
✅2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
✅2 tablespoons maple syrup
✅Pinch of salt
*Optional: dash of vanilla essence
✅ 1 cup naturescharm coconut custard
✅1 heaping teaspoon matcha powder (I used unicornsuperfoods )
*Optional: maple syrup to sweeten
✅Fruit to decorate
2. Prepare a silicone muffin mould (or spray a regular one with non-stick paper). Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C / 350 degrees F fan-forced.
3. Make the Crust: mix all ingredients together until a dough forms. Divide this into 4 even portions and form them against the side of the mild into crust-like shapes
4. Bake the base for 12-14 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
5. Make the MATCHA CUSTARD: mix together all the ingredients until smooth. Spoon even amounts into each tart. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the custard looks semi set. Remove from the oven and place in the fridge to cool.
6. Once the tarts have cooled down, you can decorate with any toppings of your choice – I kept it simple and used fresh berries
*Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
Happy Sunday friends! 💚💚💚