Easy CHINESE ALMOND COOKIES (vegan, GF, refined sugar free) 🇨🇳✨ So its Chinese New Year this week and I thought it would be a fitting time to share this fun almond cookie recipe with you guys! ☺️ These cookies were one of my childhood favourites, super moreish & nutty!
Traditionally, these cookies have egg, butter and gluten, but I’ve made my own version using pantry staples from thesourcewestendbrisbane that many more of you can enjoy and which i believe still captures the taste & essence of the original cookie 🤩 Bonus, it’s high in protein too, so it will help keep you satiated for longer too ✌🏼 i
Here is the recipe! ➡️
CHINESE ALMOND COOKIES (vegan, GF, refined sugar free) i
MAKES: 8 cookies
✅1 cup almond meal
✅2 tablespoons coconut flour
✅2 tablespoons protein powder (I used macr0mike caramel – discount code: “amb-chen” )
✅1/2 teaspoon baking powder
✅1/4 teaspoon salt
✅1/4 cup pure maple syrup
✅1/4 coconut oil, melted
*Optional: 1 tsp almond essence
✅Almonds for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C/ 320 degrees F, fanforced. Line a cookie tray with non-stick paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients until mixed
3. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until a cookie dough forms
4. form the dough into balls and press down into thick cookie shapes. Press an almond into the top of each cookie
5. Bake the cookie for 10-12 mins until the top is golden . Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully. The cookie will become a bit firmer once it has cooled down.
Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
To all my Chinese friends out there: Happy new year! 🎊 Can’t wait to see you guys try these!