CARAMEL COOKIE BUTTER THUMBPRINT BROOKIES (vegan)🍫🍪 Combining all my fave dessert flavours it one tasty Brookie! Save this recipe if you ever need a crowd-pleaser! ✨
Once again, I used my favourite vegan caramel sauce by naturescharm which was a total hack to help make this super simple and easy to put together! 😋
Here is the recipe ➡️
CARAMEL COOKIE BUTTER THUMBPRINT BROOKIES (vegan)
Makes: 12 brookies
✅1/2 cup white sugar
✅2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
✅1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
✅1 tsp vanilla extract
✅1/4 cup almond milk
✅1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅1/3 cup cocoa powder
Cookie butter caramel filling:
✅ 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (I used naturescharm )
✅ 2 tablespoons cookie butter spread
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until the sugars have dissolved
3. Sift the flour into the wet mixture and use a spatula to fold everything together until no dry flour remains.
4. Divide the Brookie dough into 12 balls, and arrange them evenly on a baking tray, leaving 2cm between each to allow for it to expand
5. Use your thumb to make a big indent in the centre of each ball
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the outside is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool before removing. They will be very soft and firm up a bit as they cool.
7. In the meantime, make the cookie butter caramel filling by mixing the cookie butter and caramel sauce in a bowl until smooth. (You may need to heat it up a little in the microwave if it’s too cold and hard to mix)
8. Once the Brookies have cooled down, spoon a teaspoon of caramel filling into each indent.
Enjoy friends! Let me know if you try it ❤️