AERO BROWNIES (vegan, macro-friendly, oil-free) 100 cal per brownie and 6g plant protein – save this to try! ✨
Aero chocolate was one of my faves when I was little! Even though it’s basically just chocolate that contains bubbles, there was just something so good about it 😂 Anyone else an aero bar fan too? 👋🏼
Anyways, I was feeling very creative so in the spirit of , I decided to create these healthy vegan “Aero” inspired protein brownies! Here is the recipe ➡️
AERO BROWNIES (vegan, macro-friendly, oil-free)
Makes: 16 brownies (per slice – cal: 100, P: 6g, C: 12g, F: 3g )
✅3/4 cup self-raising flour
✅1/2 cup vegan chocolate protein powder (I used macr0mike hazelnut fondant – discount code “amb-chen” )
✅1/4 cup cocoa powder
✅1/2 cup non-dairy yoghurt (can sub for applesauce or nut butter )
✅1/2 cup granulated sweetener (can sub for 3/4 cup sugar)
✅1 cup non-dairy milk
“BUBBLY” MOUSSE LAYER:
✅3 cups rice bubbles
✅2 tablespoons vegan chocolate protein powder
✅50g non-dairy chocolate
✅1 cup non-dairy yoghurt (I used almond)
*Optional: 1 teaspoon mint essence if you want to make it mint aero!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Line a square baking tin with non-stick paper
2. Make the BROWNIE BASE: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until no lumps of flour remain.Transfer this to the lines tin and bake for 25-28 minutes until a knife inserted comes out slightly dirty
3. Remove from the oven and pop this in the freezer to cook for 30 mins
4. Make the “BUBBLY” MOUSSE LAYER: Melt the chocolate, then stir in the yoghurt & protein powder until no lumps remain. Fold through the rice bubbles. Transfer this layer evenly over the top of the brownie base.
5. Return to the freezer for another 30 mins before slicing & serving
**Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for months!
I hope you try this and enjoy it! ✨