7-INGREDIENT PISTACHIO LOAF (vegan, high-protein) 🍀 I’m sharing this oldie but goodie in the spirit of ! Save this if you are a pistachio lover too! 🙌🏼
The greeness of this loaf is completely natural!! Yes, I blended in an entire cup of spinach for natural colour and extra nutrition, and I can confirm that you can’t taste the vegetable at all 😜
** Optional adjustment if you want a more pure pistachio flavour: reduce the amount of protein powder/ omit it, and just add a bit more flour ☺️
Anyways, here is the recipe ➡️
7-INGREDIENT VEGAN PROTEIN PISTACHIO LOAF
✅ 2 cups of self-raising flour
✅ ½ cup sugar
✅ 1 scoop (40g) vegan vanilla protein powder ( I used macr0mike salted vanilla – discount code: “amb-chen”)
✅ 1 ¼ cups almond milk
✅ ¼ cup coconut oil
✅ 1 cup pistachios, roasted & de-shelled
*** or sub for ¾ cup pistachio butter
✅ 1 cup spinach
1. Line a loaf tin with non-stick paper. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, fan-forced
2. DRY MIXTURE: In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. WET MIXTURE: blend together all the wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour in the wet mixture into the dry and fold gently until combined
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared tin
6. Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean
7. Allow the loaf to fully cool before glazing: I made a quick & easy lemon glaze using: 1 tablespoon lemon juice + ¼ cup icing sugar + pistachios for decoration
Happy baking ❤️ Let me know if you try this!