7-INGREDIENT OAT CRUMBLE CHOC CHIP BANANA BREAD (vegan) 🍌🍞 Save this because you honestly NEED to try it!! Definitely one of my favourite creations to date 😍
I used my new wiltshareau pink loaf tin to whip up this delicious loaf! I’ve been loving their bakeware range because it’s reasonably priced & ultra durable, plus the pink colour is a bonus ✨
All my dry ingredients are from thesourcewestendbrisbane and I used my trusty vitamix_aunz to blitz the bananas with the wet ingredients, which really it made this super easy to put together! 😊
Here is the recipe ➡️
7-INGREDIENT OAT CRUMBLE CHOC CHIP BANANA BREAD (vegan)
Makes: 1 loaf
✅2 cups of self-raising flour
✅2/3 cup of brown sugar
✅1 teaspoon of cinnamon
✅½ cup of coconut oil, melted
✅300g very ripe spotty bananas (about 3 large bananas)
*Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
✅ 50g dairy-free chocolate, chopped (I used bennettonaturalfoods dark)
✅1/4 cup quick oats
✅1 tablespoon self-raising flour
✅2 tablespoons brown sugar
✅2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
✅1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
*Optional: Maple syrup for glazing
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ℃/ 325 ℉ and line a baking tin with non-stick paper
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon
3. In a blender ( I used my vitamix ) blend together the banana and coconut oil until a banana “milk” forms. Pour this into the flour mix and gently fold the batter until no flour remains. Stir through the chocolate chunks.
4. Transfer the banana bread batter to the prepared tin.
5. In a small bowl, make the oatmeal crumble by combining all the ingredients. Sprinkle this evenly over the banana bread batter. *Optional step (but highly recommended) Drizzle maple syrup over the oatmeal crumble to allow for a golden glaze when baked.
6. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing
*Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month
Happy baking friends! ✨