6-INGREDIENT HOT CROSS BUN PROTEIN BALLS (vegan, gluten-free, one-bowl, oil-free) 🐣✨ Save this if you love hot cross buns!
Personally, I’m a believer that hot cross buns should be a thing all year round, and not just Easter! 😙 So even though Easter is over now, I’m doing a to these Hot cross bun protein balls – which make the perfect little healthy snack/dessert and require just one bowl and no machines 🥳
I used macr0mike ‘s limited edition Hot cross bun protein powder – you can still grab it for a couple weeks using my DISCOUNT CODE “amb-chen” if you would like! 💓
Here is the recipe ➡️
6-INGREDIENT HOT CROSS BUN PROTEIN BALLS (vegan, gluten-free, one-bowl, oil-free)
Makes: 10 balls
✅1/2 cup (60g) coconut flour
✅1/2 cup (60g) vegan protein (I used macr0mike hot cross bun flavour)
*you can also sub for vanilla protein + 1 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg
✅1/4 cup raisins
✅1/4 cup maple syrup
✅1/4 cup almond milk
✅30g vegan chocolate
1. In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, protein powder and raisins
2. Add in the maple syrup and almond milk and using clean hands to mix until a cookie dough like consistency. You may need a dash more liquid depending on the brand of flour & protein you use.
3. Divide the mix into 10 equal portions and roll into balls.
4. Set in the freezer for 30 minutes
5. Melt the chocolate and use it to drizzle a cross shape over each ball
**Storage tips: in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for months, allowing to thaw at room temp for 5 mins before consuming.