6-INGREDIENT CARAMEL BANANA CAKE (vegan) 🍌🍞 Save this because you honestly NEED to try it!!
This easy and delicious cake is glazed using my favourite vegan caramel by naturescharm ! Seriously a crowd pleaser and a great way to use up ripe bananas too! 🙌🏼
P.s. for anyone in Brisbane who is looking for this sauce, I’ve seen it at wholelifetoowong ✨ So delish!
Here is the recipe ➡️
6-INGREDIENT CARAMEL BANANA CAKE (vegan)
✅2 cups of self-raising flour
✅2/3 cup of brown sugar
✅1 teaspoon of cinnamon
✅½ cup of coconut oil, melted
✅300g very ripe spotty bananas (about 3 large bananas) + 1 extra for decoration
*Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
✅ naturescharm coconut caramel sauce for glazing
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ℃/ 325 ℉ and line a square baking tin with non-stick paper
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon
3. In a blender ( I used my vitamix ) blend together the banana and coconut oil until a banana “milk” forms. Pour this into the flour mix and gently fold the batter until no flour remains.
4. Transfer the banana cake batter to the prepared tin.
5. Slice the extra banana thinly lengthwise (~0.5cm thickness) and place a couple slices it over the top of the batter
6. Bake in the oven for 28-30 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow the loaf to cool before pouring on the caramel sauce
Happy baking friends! ✨