5-INGREDIENT ORANGE CAKE with WHIPPED COCONUT FROSTING (vegan) 🍊🍰 Save this super easy & delicious cake recipe for when you have a couple of oranges handy!
So it’s orange season here in Australia so I decided to use oranges to create this super tasty & moist orange cake!
I used naturescharm coconut whipping cream to make a delicious frosting that compliments the orange so well! 😍 Here is the recipe ➡️
5-INGREDIENT ORANGE CAKE with WHIPPED COCONUT FROSTING (vegan) 🍊🍰
Makes: 1 cake
✅ 2 cups self-raising flour
✅ 1/2 cup almond meal
✅ 2 Oranges (1 1/2 cups orange juice + zest)
✅ 1 cup sugar
✅ 1/2 cup olive oil
*Optional: 1 tsp vanilla
WHIPPED COCONUT FROSTING:
✅ 1 x 400g tin coconut cream (I used naturescharm coconut whipping cream)
✅ 1 tablespoon maple syrup
✅ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. The night before, place the coconut cream in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 350 degrees F. Line a 20cm cake tin with non-stick paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, almond meal, sugar and zest of one orange.
4. Peel the oranges and blend them in a blender (I used my vitamix ) until it becomes juice. Aim for 1 1/2 cups of juice.
5. Pour the orange juice and olive oil into the flour mix. Gently fold to combine until no lumps of flour remain
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to fully cool before frosting
8. Make the frosting: open the coconut cream and scoop out the thick “cream” portion. Discard the coconut water part. Use an electric beater to whip the coconut cream, maple syrup & vanilla for 2 minutes until thick & fluffy. Be careful not to overwhip as this can cause the coconut cream to split.
9. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake. *Optional decorate with toppings of choice! I used fresh strawberries and orange zest.
*Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for up to 2 days
Seriously one of the yummiest cakes ever!! Enjoy guys ❤️ Tag me/let me know if you try it ✨