5-INGREDIENT HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH CANDY BARS (vegan, GF, macro-friendly, no-bake) 🍫😍 Save this TASTY & EASY recipe for your next treat prep!
Chickpeas are the secret ingredient in this candy bar! I blended them in my magimix to create a lovely dessert style hummus (although you can barely taste the chickpeas) ✨ These have been in my fridge and my go-to snack over the past week! 💓
Here is the recipe ➡️
5-INGREDIENT HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH CANDY BARS (vegan, GF, macro-friendly, no-bake)
Makes: 6 large bars (per bar: Cal: 268, P: 13g, F: 12g, C: 27g)
✅ 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (~ 1 1/4 cups drained content)
✅ 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
✅ 1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I used macr0mike – discount code “amb-chen”)
✅ 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used sugar-free)
✅ 1-2 tablespoons of water
✅ 1/4 cup dairy-free choc chips
✅ 1 cup dairy-free choc chips, melted
*Optional: chopped nuts to decorate
1. Line a container with non-stick paper (mine was 8x 15cm)
2. Make the COOKIE DOUGH: In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the cookie dough except for the chip chips. Blend until until a cookie dough consistency. Stir in the choc chips. Press the cookie dough into the lined container. Place in the freezer overnight to firm up.
3. Slice the slab into 6 logs.
4. CHOC COATING: Melt the chocolate and coat each bar in it. *Optional: sprinkle chopped nuts over the top
5. Return to the freezer to let the chocolate set
*Storage tips: in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for months, allowing it to thaw at room temp for 5 minutes prior to eating
Enjoy! Let me know if you guys try this 💓 Happy Sunday friends ✨