3-INGREDIENT VEGAN PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST (macro-friendly, GF*, oil-free*) 😍🍞Save this super EASY & TASTY recipe for your next weekend breakfast!
Can anyone guess the secret ingredient?🤔
… yep, it’s the brine (aka “Aquafaba”) from a can of humble chickpeas! 😇
;*IMPORTANT note: make sure you use a protein powder that you LOVE, as the majority of the sweetness & flavour comes from it. I used macr0mike snickerdoodle protein powder because the sweet caramel cinnamon-ness of it goes so well in this French toast recipe! My discount code is “amb-chen” if you guys want a discount on any macr0mike products ✨)
Here is the recipe ➡️
3-INGREDIENT VEGAN PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST (macro-friendly, GF*, oil-free*)
Makes: 4 slices (per slice – cal: 108, P: 10g, C: 13g, F: 1g )
✅1 tin chickpeas (reserve 1/2 cup of the “aquafaba” brine)
✅1 scoop (40g) vegan protein powder (I used macr0mike snickerdoodle)
✅4 slices sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
*Optional: cinnamon, maple syrup for sweetness, oil for cooking
1. Drain the chickpeas and reserve the l starchy chickpea brine (aquafaba)
3. In a large flat bowl, mix 1/2 cup of aquafaba with the protein powder until no lumps remain. Optional you can also add in cinnamon & maple syrup if you want
4. Soak both sides of each bread slice in the mixture
5. Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium high heat. Optional you can add a bit of oil to coat. Fry each side of the French toast for 2 minutes until golden and flip.
6. Transfer to a plate and decorate with toppings of choice.
My toppings were:
– Pure maple syrup from thesourcewestendbrisbane
– Cashew yoghurt
– Dust of icing sugar
Enjoy!! Let me know if you try this guys! 💓
(Backdrop: thesocialcodeau white marble)